Scream at the Economy
Making use of an art historical definition of screaming as “a kind of shorthand of modern alienation and despair, icons of anxiety and hopelessness,” the Floating Lab Collective invites people to call a phone number and scream at the economy.
The work, titled Scream at the Economy,is a participatory project that captures the expressions of angry citizens in MP3 format. The files will be used to create a musical composition, to be played in front of relevant financial institutions.
- Call this number: 646.402.5686 ext 90514 (24/7) to call to United States from another country +1
- Scream at the economy. To get a clear recording please back up a few inches from your phone before you scream.
- The screams will be used to compose music. (6 international composers will use the screams as a source for the composition)
- Download the music created from the screams (for free) beginning June 25, 2009 at: http://www.floatinglabcollective.org.
- The music will be played as a performance in public space in front of financial institutions. Using the “screamer”, to play the compositions.