1. The Woodward Lecture Series at the College for Creative Studies:
Established through a generous endowment by an anonymous donor, the Woodward Lecture Series annually brings six renowned artists to CCS for free public lectures, and learning sessions with CCS students. Spring and fall series each feature three visiting artists.
Past Woodward Lecturers include video artist Steina Vasulka; photographers Emmet Gowin and Duane Michals; painters Brenda Goodman and Elizabeth Murray; sculptors Larry Bell, Leonardo Drew, Forrest Myers, and Dennis Oppenheim; glass artist Dale Chihuly; installation artist Petah Coyne; and public artists Kristin Jones and Andrew Ginzel.
The Woodward Lecture Series is made possible by a generous endowment gift from an anonymous donor.
All lectures are free and open to the public.
Seating and parking are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Free parking available in the CCS Parking Structure, located on Brush Street, just north of Frederick Douglass.
- Roberta Smith, art critic 3/5/09
- Anne Waldman, poet and visual arts collaborator, 3/19/09
- Ed Ruscha, painter, 5/7/09
2. At the Detroit Institute of Arts:
March 8 to May 31, 2009
3. At Susanne Hilberry Gallery:
ANNE LISE COSTE
17 Apr – 30 May 2009